His vehicle was hit by a bomb while he was fighting for your freedom.
This is my Best Friend John. He was 19 years old. I know none of you probably care. But he left behind friends, a girlfriend; a family. He had so much life to live. And it was cut brutally short.
All he wanted was to join the Army. And I want people to know that he made the ultimate sacrifice for your freedom.
Here is a little something to honor him.
We’ll hear his tales no longer,
For ol’ John has passed away.
And the world’s a little poorer,
For a Soldier died today.
He won’t be mourned by many,
Just his family and his wife.
For he lived an ordinary,
Very quiet sort of life.
He held a job and had a family,
Going quietly on his way.
And the world won’t note his passing,
‘Tho a Soldier died today.
When politicians leave this earth,
Their bodies lie in state.
While thousands note their passing,
And proclaim that they were great.
Papers tell of their life stories,
From the time that they were young.
But the passing of a Soldier,
Goes unnoticed, and unsung.
Is the greatest contribution,
To the welfare of our land;
Some jerk who breaks his promise,
And cons his fellow man?
Or the ordinary fellow,
Who in times of war and strife;
Goes off to serve his country,
And offers up his life?
The politician’s stipend,
And the style in which he lives;
Are often disproportionate,
To the service that he gives
While the ordinary Soldier,
Who offered up his all;
Is paid off with a medal,
And perhaps a pension, small.
It’s so easy to forget them,
For it is so many times;
That our Bobs and Jims and Johnnys,
Went to battle, but we know…
It is not the politicians,
With their compromise and ploys;
Who won for us the freedom,
That our country now enjoys
Just a common Soldier,
Who would fight until the end.
He was just a common Soldier,
And his ranks are growing thin.
But his presence should remind us,
We may need his like again.
For when countries are in conflict,
We find the Soldier’s part;
Is to clean up all the troubles,
That the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor,
While he’s here to hear the praise;
Then at least let’s give him homage,
At the ending of his days.
Perhaps just a simple headline,
In the paper that might say:
“OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING,
A SOLDIER DIED TODAY.”
God bless you John. I’ll never stop missing you. I don’t know why you were taken from us so young.
I guess Heaven was needing a hero.
- and-that-is-when-she-died reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- andthenicarriedyou26 reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- sharmaaine-ultraa reblogged this from randy-awesome
- sharmaaine-ultraa likes this
- randy-awesome reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- thechiefspartanandpuritan likes this
- cardigans13 likes this
- jaredneuheisel reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- just-a-kid-from-brooklyn likes this
- oliviadiane likes this
- kueiinbasingse reblogged this from yiff-andclass
- kueiinbasingse likes this
- yiff-andclass reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- animalsandguns reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- futuremusicstar reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- soldier-of-agony reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn and added:
- thewalkingblasphemy likes this
- di-spence-locke reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- nyviearodriguez reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- tougherthenyou likes this
- elea-tiri likes this
- vagjango likes this
- vagjango reblogged this from arrest-the-scarf
- mrredman15 reblogged this from chronic-genderbender
- mrredman15 likes this
- bernadettepetershair reblogged this from arrest-the-scarf
- the-skyiseverywheree likes this
- arrest-the-scarf reblogged this from timemachineup
- timemachineup reblogged this from sweethufflepuff
- wholocked-tardis likes this
- chronic-genderbender reblogged this from ferventlyforcing
- ferventlyforcing reblogged this from sweethufflepuff
- ectobiologistegbert reblogged this from thecoolkidstrider
- egbertooc reblogged this from thecoolkidstrider
- a-mermaidsfork reblogged this from youalwaysstandup
- andrew-19d likes this
- thoseboysbetterputmeonspeeddial reblogged this from heavenwastoohellish
- corgi-tier likes this
- thecoolkidstrider reblogged this from youalwaysstandup
- heavenwastoohellish reblogged this from youalwaysstandup
- sweethufflepuff reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- sweethufflepuff likes this
- norse-god-of-mischief reblogged this from youalwaysstandup
- norse-god-of-mischief likes this
- youalwaysstandup reblogged this from blackhawk-assassin
- imperfectnumberseven reblogged this from a-man-divided
- a-man-divided reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn and added:
- princesssparklefists reblogged this from ask-the-angry-doctor and added: