His vehicle was hit by a bomb while he was fighting for your freedom.
This is my Best Friend John. He was 19 years old. I know none of you probably care. But he left behind friends, a girlfriend; a family. He had so much life to live. And it was cut brutally short.
All he wanted was to join the Army. And I want people to know that he made the ultimate sacrifice for your freedom.
Here is a little something to honor him.
We’ll hear his tales no longer,
For ol’ John has passed away.
And the world’s a little poorer,
For a Soldier died today.
He won’t be mourned by many,
Just his family and his wife.
For he lived an ordinary,
Very quiet sort of life.
He held a job and had a family,
Going quietly on his way.
And the world won’t note his passing,
‘Tho a Soldier died today.
When politicians leave this earth,
Their bodies lie in state.
While thousands note their passing,
And proclaim that they were great.
Papers tell of their life stories,
From the time that they were young.
But the passing of a Soldier,
Goes unnoticed, and unsung.
Is the greatest contribution,
To the welfare of our land;
Some jerk who breaks his promise,
And cons his fellow man?
Or the ordinary fellow,
Who in times of war and strife;
Goes off to serve his country,
And offers up his life?
The politician’s stipend,
And the style in which he lives;
Are often disproportionate,
To the service that he gives
While the ordinary Soldier,
Who offered up his all;
Is paid off with a medal,
And perhaps a pension, small.
It’s so easy to forget them,
For it is so many times;
That our Bobs and Jims and Johnnys,
Went to battle, but we know…
It is not the politicians,
With their compromise and ploys;
Who won for us the freedom,
That our country now enjoys
Just a common Soldier,
Who would fight until the end.
He was just a common Soldier,
And his ranks are growing thin.
But his presence should remind us,
We may need his like again.
For when countries are in conflict,
We find the Soldier’s part;
Is to clean up all the troubles,
That the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor,
While he’s here to hear the praise;
Then at least let’s give him homage,
At the ending of his days.
Perhaps just a simple headline,
In the paper that might say:
“OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING,
A SOLDIER DIED TODAY.”
God bless you John. I’ll never stop missing you. I don’t know why you were taken from us so young.
I guess Heaven was needing a hero.
- ericalynnflowers likes this
- diaryofregina likes this
- randamc reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- kayluhl likes this
- whatstob3willb3 likes this
- country-elegance21 reblogged this from dirtroaddreamerr
- dirtroaddreamerr likes this
- dirtroaddreamerr reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- outcastkid93 likes this
- outcastkid93 reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn and added:
- radfematheist likes this
- gracie-omalley likes this
- pavlovthefreak reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- berebreakdown33 likes this
- gelanthus likes this
- weyheyyynialler reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- mdawgmillionaire reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- rattle-this-ghosttown likes this
- hope-is-a-4letter-word reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- ilovemyfreakystyle likes this
- by22 likes this
- girlover3001 reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- bluue-eyes-and-freckles likes this
- sdady86 reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn and added:
- sdady86 likes this
- jessicajessicajessicajessica likes this
- sarita456 reblogged this from a-cluster-fk-of-random-thoughts
- sarita456 likes this
- a-cluster-fk-of-random-thoughts reblogged this from the-world-may-be-broken
- the-world-may-be-broken reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- justabumkid likes this
- breaking-angel reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- mayumi89 reblogged this from thehylianmusician
- mayumi89 likes this
- isitfarm reblogged this from thehylianmusician
- thehylianmusician reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- thehylianmusician likes this
- niemann3 reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- shortlilazn reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- slackervb likes this
- thatonequeirdo reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- starrysushi likes this
- boocakess likes this
- laterrious97 likes this
- jstrdm reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- rudycarrejo reblogged this from just-a-kid-from-brooklyn
- shetoldherstorytothestars likes this
- bendthekneeplease likes this
- laziedasies likes this
- shell-of-a-person reblogged this from timotejtherivercat